Thursday, March 3

There goes the neighbourhood



OK, I hope you'll indulge me for a while now that I've discovered boxes of old magazines and books in the shed... a few highlights will be appearing here! A load of mags will also be up for sale... I realise that my hoarding has got seriously out of hand.

This feature was my first introduction to Bill Mize, and I pored over these pages again and again. He had that '50s chopper aesthetic mixed with a punk rock outlook that immediately singled him out as a kindred spirit. His '66 XLCH, his Chevy pick-me-up, the whole deal... it influenced me hugely.

I mentioned to Bill this week that I'd rediscovered the magazine that started our correspondence and he surprised me by saying he didn't even have a copy of it. So the mag is on its way to Sioux City right now... issue #2 of The Horse, July 1999.

No comments: